We would like to share some interview advice with you, to help you land that job…
- Prepare – Take the time to consider the most like questions that you are going to be asked during the interview, and prepare for them.
- Research – Spend time reading up on your potential employer by looking at their website and other literature. Demonstrating that you have done your homework will always put you in good stead.
- Look Good – Consider your dress and appearance very carefully. Creating a professional first impression is crucial.
- Get focussed – Allow plenty of time to arrive at your interview early without and delays or stress. Take your notebook, a pen, and a copy of your CV as a minimum, and remember to listen carefully and stay focussed.
- Be friendly and stay relaxed – Don’t forget to smile, even if you’re nervous!
- Ask questions – Have some questions planned for the interviewer, in advance.
- Pay full attention and take notes – This will give the interviewer more confidence that you are taking everything in.
- End on a positive – Conclude the interview on a positive note, maybe by saying something like, “I look forward to hearing from you”.